Friday 19 September 2008

God Of Small Things

Zeus got up one morning with thundering headache. He had no idea what made him unwell. Hera suggested a change of air. The chief God snorted at it and said, “ The air of Mt. Olympus never disagreed with me. So why should it now?”
In the end he decided to go visiting. The god of fire was already up and bent over the bellows. On seeing the chief god he explained what he was at the moment working on. Striking on the anvil with his hammer he said,“ See these sparks? These have a life of their own.”
Zeus was incredulous. The sparks rearranged themselves to read thus: “We cure headaches.”
Zeus nodded and let the cloud of sparks to cure his headache.
Zeus had but one question. As if the cloud of sparks anticipated the question they wrote before his eyes: ‘ We just became a part of your godhead in order to work the cure.’
The chief god asked the god of the forge, “ Who would have thought these sparks have a life of their own?”
Hephaestus the lame god answered, “ It made me also wonder. The hammer that I wield is so ponderous. Do not tell me this lump of iron picked up my skill to cure you.”
Zeus before departing said, “I don’t say anything except that I am well again.”
benny

No comments: