Sunday 22 June 2008

Collateral Damage of Life

If so much as long life beyond
Mortal hour-glass may be burdened;
Each grain nudging an age thereof
Past its pursed mouth to eternity; enough
For hills to powder crumble
And the hollows levelled to brim
I shall still think: one brief hour was
All that needed for such a man as I:
An hour rounded off by happiness.

If so much as long life beyond
Pleasure of senses or of mind did last
Life would have lost its best part,
For a man such as I: Devoid of feel
A head though with facts be filled
Has come far too short on living;
Unsettled as I am, one perfect hour was
All that needed for such a man as I :
An hour rounded off by happiness.

Wrapped in tears and laughter of mankind
Either way a perfect fit I may never find.
benny

01-17-07

No comments: